The Actors' Network is the most avidly and ardently endorsed performer's business organization in the country. Top professionals, celebrities, members and alums agree. It is the only place you need to pursue build an acting career.
We have an outstanding Hollywood reputation because we're a human community with a face, location and professionally responsible. Additionally our philosophy and expertise has helped thousands of actors become more successful with many reaching the top 1% of our profession.
On-Line membership is easy to use and inexpensive to maintain. We encourage you to review the entire About Us section of our site so you know a bit more about our philosophy, how the organization was born, and our history since 1991. There a lot of Hollywood scam artists out there as well as the web-only interfaces which really do you absolutely no good. The Actors' Network physically has more than 600 local professionals pursuing their career, along with a stellar Honorary Board. Go to our Endorsements page and the rest speaks for itself.
A detailed explanation of the Online Membership benefits are listed below. For a mere $5 per month, you can avail yourself of the most current Hollywood player information out there. The most important thing to keep in mind is that we have been around for 15+ years, and we care. This organization is focused every day, not once and a while, on providing not only the most accurate information to our members but also HOW we present that information to both online and regular LA-based members. Give yourself the access and knowledge to better your career at home while preparing yourself for Hollywood.
All this for only $5 a month...
and even less if you join for two years!
Click below to start the join process.
- Agents database complete with individual agents at each legitimate agency, company overview and titles.
- Casting Directors database complete with who is a CSA member, many secondary addresses, and a high percentage of credits listed for research purposes.
- Managers database complete with individual agents at each legitimate agency, company overview and titles.
- TV Shows database by name of the show in the current TV season. This type of intelligent targeting has been the philosophy pioneered years ago by The Actors' Network.
- Theatres database complete with seating, type of theatre or company, and artistic directors if available.
- Background Casting database complete with current pay structure of the background industry.
- Mailing (Customized) Labels for ALL six databases listed above. You have the ability to pick and choose how many agents, or managers you wish to create mailing labels. (based on the standard 1X3 Avery labels) Again, in keeping with our philosophy for years, we're not advocates of mass blind mailings...and this aspect of our Online Membership allows you to save time, materials and money.
- Recent updates/address-personnel changes with a click of an icon. The players in Hollywood move around consistently. We have more than 600 actors based IN the city of Los Angeles going everywhere and reporting back to us on changes and addresses. You have the ability in all of our databases with the click of a button to quickly see who has moved by recent DATE and/or any changes that have been made to a company or individual.
- Maps n' Studio Lots are also available to Online members. This terrific and massive collection of more than 65 Google map links to key Hollywood actor locations. Additionally there are several Studio Lot maps that you can download for your convenience when visiting LA or perhaps needing to attend a meeting at any of these locations.
- TAN Tips can be viewed in our Green Room. We have hundreds of members and hundreds of industry friends who post audition/project/representation opportunities weekly. You have the ability to view these as an Online member knowing that they have come through actual members and/or friends of The Actors' Network.
- TAN Bulletin board is available for Online members to view. We have 600+ members who post all sorts of bulletin board type information. This can be helpful to you in terms of moving to LA, or needing something.
- Industry News is posted on a weekly basis by both our staff, and our members/industry friends. Knowledge is power and far too many actors are not aware of what is happening within our industry. Don't be in the dark.
- Industry Events are posted on a weekly basis by both our staff, and our members/industry friends so that if you're going to be visiting or temporarily in town you may wish to get involved with something happening here to create some potential future contacts.
- Industry Links are categorized for easy access under the Resources tab. This will save you a lot of time in researching various sites throughout the entertainment industry. This aspect of our site grows on a monthly basis, as we continue to build the greatest actor database ever.
- Photographers are listed here, not as a database, but due to the 600+ membership choosing to post information about their photographer so you're getting a current listing of an LA photographer. Additionally trusted photographers who have familiarity with The Actors' Network may also post themselves.
- Teachers/Classes are listed here, not as a database, but due to the 600+ membership choosing to post information about their teacher or class so you're getting a current listing of a teacher/class. Additionally trusted teachers who have familiarity with The Actors' Network may also post themselves.
- Important note about online membership photos/resumes. (Click Here)
- If you ever have any problems with the functionality of our site please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- NO REFUNDS. Please review all of the above Online Membership benefits closely. We also encourage you to click on the option just above and read our note about photos/resumes before joining.
Merrin Dungey, TAN Alum
Alias, King of Queens, Summerland
Christopher Gorham, TAN Alum
Kevin E. West
Founder / President
"...not just an acting school...just a self-started network of business minded working actors sharing trade publications and resources, job leads, helpful tips and warnings, and moral support. Amazingly, instead of being laughed out of Hollywood by the cynics who pervade the city, The Actors' Network is thriving."
Answer: To give myself a clear advantage by supplementing my career knowledge and opportunities!
Philosophy: Stop being hoodwinked into spending money on sites that offer fictitious casting listings, as well as offering photos/demo video options that will never be seen or any fruition gained by legitimate people.
Here are some things to consider...
- Our information is created from years and years of experience and expertise. See About Us.
- Since 1991 we have developed hundreds of relationships that benefit our databases unlike many periodicals.
- If you're preparing now, or even a few years from now, to move into the Los Angeles market you can begin the process to easily and accurately learn more about the scope and names of the legitimate aspect of Hollywood.
- Information is one thing, but how it is presented, disseminated and used is an entirely different conversation. The Actors' Network has spent 15+ years pioneering the intelligence of meeting actor business needs.
- With every passing month we gain more industry friends, strengthen our existing relationships and have more members who gather and give key information.
- We are an organization who believes in the pursuit and professionalism of actors, and not just dreaming one day of winning a "lottery ticket" mentality.
- With our VP (Paulo Andrés) moving into personal management in 2002, we have an additional level of expertise, insight and inside information available to our database.
- The sheer tangible success of our members and alumni prove the value of our information and how we offer it.
- With online membership so inexpensive, it allows you to compare us to other sites, in terms of accuracy and focus as you'll begin to learn that there are a lots of web-only sites that are just full of useless information.
- The more names you know, the more history you know and the more clear you are on how the system really works, in any industry, the better chance you have of succeeding in it. Online membership, well-used, will assist you in knowing and understanding more about Hollywood.